Does this med also work for peripheral neuropathy?Amitriptyline hcl?

Anonymous 27 Nov 2010

Hello Betty,

Yes, this medication may also be used to treat nerve pain such as peripheral neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia.-

All the best and take care.-

The Mad Man 29 Nov 2010

Betty... IMPORTANT...
I am taking Gabapentin 400 mg 3x a day and this stuff WORKS for peripheral neuropathy. It takes a while but it does work. I took Amitriptyline HCL 75mg which was supposed to be for pain and sleeping. I took this stuff for YEARS. Over time, I found out it MIXED with my other medications and created anxiety, enough that I could not sleep at night. I stopped taking this stuff and take over the counter Melatonin and this works great. Watch it with the Amitriptyline, the side effects creep up on you and as far as pain...
I took Celebrex and I am a firm believer in this product. It works on my Osteoarthritis. Hope this helps but watch the Amitriptyline... please this stuff was no good for me.

Betty rushing 30 Nov 2010

Thanks so much. Took the first one yesterday at 8 pm. And have been groggy ever since. Will ask doc about Gabapen

Anonymous 30 Nov 2010

I consider Gabapentin to be my miracle drug. I have never had a better pill!!! That being said, I retain so much fluid in me taking the Gabapentin, that I gained over 80 lbs on it!! Now I am having a terrible time taking off the weight, which of course the doctors tell me is putting more stress on my body. DUH. Just be careful of weight gain, as this is a common side effect.

Good luck, Ellen