Does the drug Alendronate have a steroid in it?

No Alendronate is a bisphosphonates, which is a more potent inhibitor of bone resorption.

Fosamax/alendronate taken over 7 years. Anyone had an unexplained problem withcoughing/swallowing?

Can no longer swallow bigger than aspirin... bits of food catch in throat... dry cough frequent. Tests find "nothing". Also take plavix, ...

Side effects on Alendronate Sodium Oral tablet once a week?

I started 2 months ago taking once a week alendronate sodium and I also have rheumatoid arthritis. So also on prednisone, leucovorin, and ...

What can be done about pain in the leg which comes on with use of Fosamax, what can I take instead?

I have had pain in the right leg for some time now. It appears with use of alendronate (Fosamax), and Evista. Any recommendation for a drug for ...

Steroid injections - will these make my osteoporosis worse?

I had 6 steroid shots in the heel of my foot for pain that I was having due to heel spurs. I also have the beginning of osteoporosis and I ...