Does subutex block the feeling of herion?

Robert_325 28 Feb 2010

If you're asking if suboxone or subutex can successfully be used to detox and then the addicts are able to recover from heroin use the answer is "yes!".

Heroin is not near as tough a detox for most people as are methadone or fentanyl. Sub detoxing is relatively painless when it's done according to a reduction in dose by 25% of the dose every four days. But subs will work for any of the opiates if it's done right. Lots or people have gone all the way off from shooting heroin to living the way they really want being a productive member of society, no longer using ANYTHING (including subs) and are living totally clean today including not being on suboxone anymore like they stay on so often with the methadone. Check out this link, hope that helps.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-drugs/suboxone-subutex-therapy-50887.html

But don't expect to take some subs and never again will you ever have a desire to use opiates. That's why doing a taper at 25% every four days is so important. Suboxone requires the individual to be ready to get involved in recovery and do the work necessary so they stay clean. Subs are just a tool for making the detox more tolerable. Hope that helps. God bless. : )

johnm462 28 Apr 2011

Robert_325 I dont know if this will get to you, I just signed on to this site because i saw your answers on subutex, I would like to come off of it and could use some support. I am on 5mg twice a day for about two years. I saw that you said .25 reduction every four days, Is that per dose or per day?

mpvt 28 Feb 2010

Yes, you won't get high when you are taking Buprenorphine(suboxone,subutex)... Dave