Does monistat cure yeast infection permanently?

Anonymous 6 Mar 2011

No but neither can any other medication. Yeast naturally occurs in several parts of the body but it is only when it grows out of control that it causes thinks like thrush and vaginal yeast infections. The monistat will clear the yeast infection up, but, if a woman takes antibiotics, it may reoccur.

caringsonbj 6 Mar 2011

from the medications that I am aware of Ketakonazole (Monistat) or any of the popular ones that kill fungus won't do it on a permaneant basis, I hope this clears the symptoms and gets you back to feeling better, if you find you have further questions you are free to ask.

Anonymous 6 Mar 2011

If you have continuous probaelms with this Diflucan is probably your best bet. It's an antifungal antibiotic. I didn't have a yeast infection until I was 50 years old! I know. Unbelieveable! But, my husband is diabetic (was diagnosed as type 2 around the same time) & diabetics have excessive yeast on their skin. Hmmm. My gynecologist looked under the micoscope to be sure it was yeast, & prescribed the Diflucan. If I remember right it was just one big horse pill to take one time. Hope this helps