Does Mirena Insertion control hormonal disorders and excessive bleeding during periods?

cyclegyrl929 15 Feb 2010

When I was on the pill (Seasonique) I had heavy spotting all the time. After Mirena insertion a month ago today I still have some spotting but it's very light. From other reading it's obvious that Mirena affects different people in different ways and you simply don't know until you go through it and find out. I'm told even my light spotting will disappear in another couple of months.

I have Mirena for endometriosis and there is no diffinitive way of measuring whether or not it is helping. Getting rid of any spotting will be my biggest help. I'm putting up with exhaustion and headaches right now and am waiting out the three months. At this point it's worth it to me.