Does metformin cure pcos and help to become fertile?

Marvell 4 Mar 2011

Metformin does not cure polycystic ovaries (I don't think anything does). Metformin increases the body's sensitivity to insulin, can improve the symptoms of PCOS and sometimes will cause the menstrual cycles to normalize. For some women, it can also help with weight loss. By regulating cycles, metformin can INCREASE the chances of becoming pregnant.

All the best.

https://www.drugs.com/enc/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.html

anamp 5 Mar 2011

Thanks for the responds what other medication can I take to increase chanses of getting pregnant?

Sooli 6 Mar 2013

Hi, I'm not a healthcare professional, but I have been taking metformin for ten years for PCOS. I Had an ultrasound today which effectively showed no evidence of PCOS anymore. So that might suggest long term usage does have the potential to cure PCOS in some individuals.