Does Celexa help with anyone's bi-polar?

gentlefootprint 14 Mar 2011

Hello, concerned1111.

To answer your question, check out this link on the drug.com website.
https://www.drugs.com/condition/bipolar-disorder.html
It lists medications most commonly used to treat bipolar. Celexa is not on that list.

wheelman15 15 Dec 2013

I have been taking Celexa (Citalopram) for several years for Anxiety but I am now winding if I have Bipolar after stopped taking my medication for 5 or more days turns me into Dr. Jekyll but I do not have insurance to go back in to be diagnosed. Thanks for you help!1

Delila 17 Mar 2011

Hi i use celexa (citalopram in UK) as part of my treatment for bipolar.
I take 40mg in the morning, followed by seroquel at night together with amitriptyline. This combination is working very well for me.

vtech10 19 Mar 2011

I also take celexa have been for years it really helps releive anxiety and depression it was increased from 20 mg to 40 2xdaily. I can feel the difference in the way I respond to stress now as a back up I also take xanax periodically. The 2 medications work well together as I control the stressful matters in my life.Good luck to you, hoped this information helped you some... vtech10

Delila 19 Mar 2011

Hi, i didn't realise that taking celexa twice daily was an option but since you have posted this i will ask my doctor about it! I WISH i could take xanax but in the UK it is impossible to get it!