My daughter has been on a 220 dose twice a day of Asmanex for 3 weeks. Last month her menstrual flow lasted 5 days. This is her first cycle on Asmanex & she has been flowing for 11 days. Could Asmanex be causing this?
Does Asmanex twisthaler affect menstrual flow?
- 1 Mar 2011 by MarileeMarilee
- 4 Mar 2011
- asmanex twisthaler, menstrual disorders
Added 5 Mar 2011:
I took my daughter to a GYN/OB 3 days ago because of the prolonged bleeding. She changed her back to her former asthma medication, Pulmicort Flexhaler and her bleeding stopped after only 2 inhalations of Pulmicort!
Asmanex can cause dysmenorrhea (stop the periods) ... but I don't know if it could cause longer periods.
- Asmanex Twisthaler Information for Consumers
- Asmanex Twisthaler Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Asmanex Twisthaler (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 6 Aug 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 28 Jan 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 18 Nov 2012 • 3 answers
Posted 24 Jan 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 30 Jan 2017 • 1 answer