Does anyone think that I would benefit from Vitamin D3/cholecoleciferol?

I have been having pain in the joints for over 10 years. Within the last 12 months, I have developed club fingers and toes. I also have a nodule between my thumb and index finger on the left hand. The bones in my feet are protruding in several places. I have been on Vitamin D, 5000 IU per week, for 4 years. Recently my Primary MD thought I had RA and started treating with Methotrexate and Plaquenil. When I was not getting better after two months I requested to see a Rheumatologist. The Rheumatologist suggested that I should not be taking those two meds. Labs were drawn. My Vitamin D level was 3, even with the supplement. My Rhematologist cancelled the appointment last week due to his health. I had already requested the results from the hospital's medical record and knew the results. On Wednesday, 11/30/2011, I called my Primary MD, told him the results of the labs, that the Rhematologist suggested that Methotrexate and Plaquenil should be discontinued. The medications were stopped. The Primary MD ordered a complete bone scan that was done and I do not have the results yet. On Monday, 12/5/2011, I will be calling the Rheumatologist for a followup appointment.