Does anyone know how long a 10mg. methylphenidate ( ritlin) will last in a 8 yr. old child?

mitjason 27 Jan 2010

The half life of regular Ritalin is approximately 2 to 3 hours so it should be out of his system within 4 to 6 hours. For the ER Ritalin it can stay in his system for up to 6 to 8 hours. Hope this helps. Good luck to you and your child.

fetty 27 Jan 2010

Thank you so much. That was very helpful. I have taken my son off these meds. but he is having such a hard time in school I just don't know what to do. I hate seeing him like a zombie.

mitjason 1 Feb 2010

I would recommend something else. I personally took Adderall when I was in grade school. I was 9 or so and it works wonders. I started getting better grades and was able to focus on things that I didn't find interesting. It helped a lot. Just a suggestion. Maybe a possibility for your child. Good luck to you!