Does anyone know how elavil is synthesized. I need help for this in my orchem class. Thanks?

Delila 21 Sep 2011

Hi check out this link; http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo01059a004
It explains the Homoallylic Rearrangement in the Synthesis of Amitriptyline (Elavil).
It is pretty intense but also extremely insightful. Good luck : )

nsingh 22 Sep 2011

Thank you for your help. I checked out that journal before but I am confused about few of the steps. It seems that one step is missing. Step no three is confusing to me. I was wondering if there were any chem articles showing step by step synthesis. For example what compounds attack what and what reagents are used.

nsingh 22 Sep 2011

Delila 22 Sep 2011

Have you tried typing it in to 'Wikipedia'?