Does anyone know anything about the medication Nucynta? what could it b compared to/?

Anonymous 7 Nov 2010

Nucynta (tapentadol) is in a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers. It is similar to morphine.

Tapentadol is used to treat moderate to severe pain.

Take care.-

GeorgiaGirl 1 Dec 2010

My physician just prescribed Nucynta 75mg q6h prn pain. It is similar to hydromorphone (Dilaudid) or morphine. It is not as strong as either of them and its mechanism of action is not known. It does attach to the mu-receptors and it is addicting and is a Schedule II medication. Normally, I take 320mg methadone daily and there is absolutely no drug that works as well for me but I can say this one did help me and I'm interested in learning more about it. My dose may need to be increased but there is a possibility it could work and I wouldn't have to take as much methadone. I don't believe it shows up in a drug screen test as an opiate nor as morphine. I can share this with you, I didn't receive an euphoria from it but euphoria is not what I am looking for. I have a very high tolerance of drugs and I can tell you it works quite well for your pain. If you have any more specific questions, let me know and I will be happy to assist you in answering.