Does anyone else take gabapentin for fibromyalgia, if so has it helped?

marjorie zych 19 May 2010

I have taken Gabapentin (Neurontin) for Fybomyalgia before and I had to have too high of a dose to work so I gave it up. I have tried Amitryptiline (Elavil) and that seems to work better for me. Everyone is different though so it may help for you if not I would try the Elavil to see if that makes a difference. Good luck Fybromyalgia can get tricky to find something that works. Hope this finds you feeling better.

angeye777 19 May 2010

I tokk Gabapentin for a month or so but it make me very sick and now after 2/12 yrs of trying everyting else I am on Lyrica and I still have my pain and I feel super flighty from the side effects. So I will give it a few more times and if no change I don't know what to do, and I refuse to resort to the new drug they made for pain-pot pills-Don't think I want to be all out of myslef when i have 2 children to care for

marjorie zych 19 May 2010

I also tried Lyrica and it made me out of it and also made me have suicidal thoughts too. The only thing that has done anything for me is the Amitryptiline (Elavil). Have you tried that yet? I can't blame you about not wanting to be out of it because of the children. They have to have their mom straight. I would put my kids first too and have before. You are a good person for putting the kids first but take care of you too. They need mom healthy too. Good luck hope you feel better soon. Take care