And what would you suggest to do? I have also had problems with Oxycontin VS Oxycodone. I take 40mg Oxycntin 2tabs 3x a day and 30mg Oxycodone 1tab every 3 hours. I am taking over 400mg of Oxy a day and feel completly ruled. I have been on these meds for 6 years now and am only 38 years old. I have seen many people fall prey to the addiction. As well as myself. I try not to abuse it, and take it only as needed but even then I feel completely ruled by my meds. I plan my daily activities around my med times, as to when i will feel my best or if I am running low I may not go out at all. There is nothing I would like more in this world than to not have to take these meds but we we can't afford to pay for the surgery that may help me. I have Trigenimal Nueralgia and my insurance will only pay for 60% of my needed surgery.
Expand this post...
I would tell anyone out there starting these meds to find another solution before they take over your lives also. They are very effective if needed for very short term but dont start on them if you dont have too. I have seen family and friends sink to new levels, such as stealing from me. On 3 seperate occasions, I have had to go back to my doctor to get a new script because my house cleaner, my neighbor and my own sister have stole these from me. It has changed my life and the life of my family. I have 4 children to take care of and I wish my doctor had been more responsible before he prescribed these pills to me at such a young age. Dont get me wrong I am grateful for the relief they provide me but I wish that there was something safer available. Why prescribe something so addictive to people then punish them when they become addicted to it??? The prescription Pill abuse problem in our country has been caused by the drug makers and the doctors and the pharmacies. It is entirely to easy to get these drugs legally and illegally, then the law more often goes after the victims instead of the suppliers. I will get off my soapbox now. This is just my story. If anyone has any comments good or bad I would love to hear them. God bless you all and good luck. Please do not start taking this medication in any form until you have exhausted every other possibility.

https://www.drugs.com/answers/how-does-the-release-time-work-with-percocet-and-o-19619.html#r280374