Yes, it can
Common Side Effects of Alesse
Since it is difficult to obtain much information about side effects from studies that do not use a placebo, because there is no way of knowing if any particular problem is actually a side effect of the medication, only vague information is available about Alesse side effects. In fact, the side effects listed in the prescribing information for Alesse are actually side effects of all birth control pills in general. Some of these common bothersome (but not usually dangerous) side effects include but are not limited to:
• Breast tenderness and swelling
• Headaches (although birth control pills can improve headaches in some women)
• Acne (although birth control pills can also improve acne)
• Breakthrough bleeding and spotting between periods (especially for the first few cycles)
• Nausea and vomiting
• Changes in your eyes that make it more difficult to wear contact lenses
• Changes in sex drive (typically a decrease in sex drive).
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
If Ocella made my acne worse in the first month should I stop taking it or stick it our for 3months?
Posted 30 Nov 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 18 Sep 2012 • 2 answers
Posted 12 Jul 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 7 Oct 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 8 Dec 2014 • 1 answer