The Doctor prescribed Lyrica I had to sign papers they sad I couldn't change drug store. why?

kaismama 8 Mar 2014

Because it is a controlled drug and that way it can be monitored.

ssagan56 8 Mar 2014

Thanks now I understand why I didn't soma.

Emeraldgirl 8 Mar 2014

Why is it classified as a controlled drug in the US??

kaismama 8 Mar 2014

You've got me on that one. Our idiot government thinks you can get high on it, and it will be abused. Our idiot government thinks we are a nation of drug abusers who can't take care of ourselves.

ssagan56 8 Mar 2014

We are just someone to sample what they need tested.. I can't count the meds I have took in the past three years I know my Medicare part D want cover the ones I need. I take one day at a time.

Emeraldgirl 8 Mar 2014

After reading this I ‘talktofrank’ (the UK government drug awareness website). I put Pregabalin into the search engine expecting nothing to come up and this is what it said:
Pregabalin can produce feelings of relaxation, calmness and euphoria, like tranquilisers. It can enhance the euphoric effects of other drugs, like opiates, and is likely to increase the risks when taken in this way.
Well, I can honestly say that I never felt euphoric on this drug taken alone or with opiate drugs and I was on every does from 75mg – maximum daily amount. I tell you what I did feel, my thighs rubbing together when they never use to due to the weight gain!!! They need to put this on the website too.

Emeraldgirl 8 Mar 2014

Sorry ‘Frank’ also says: Pregabalin can cause dizziness, drowsiness and confusion, all of which can put you at risk of hurting yourself. And it does mention weight gain and some other stuff. However it is not a controlled drug in the UK…not yet anyway

hopefulemm 13 Mar 2014

Thank you emeraldgirl you made me laugh today which has been hard for me to do lately.