Skip to Content

My doctor has prescribed cytra k powder packets. The pharmacist tells me it is not available?

Responses (2)

kaismama 27 Mar 2014

Then your pharmacist needs to call the dr for an appropriate substitution.

DzooBaby 27 Mar 2014

I agree, this should not be left to the patient. It is up to the pharmacist to call your Dr and let your Dr know what substitutions are available (and that is if this drug is truly not available and cant be ordered in) and let your Dr okay an appropriate substitute. It should not be left to you to find a solution. Lazy pharmacist!! You can tell your Dr about yourself if you prefer. Just call his office and tell them the pharmacist tells you it is unavailable. I dont know why patients never think to call their Drs office? You may not get to talk to the Dr directly but you should be able to talk to his Medical Assistant who will relay the message and should get back to you. If they dont answer you when you call-KEEP CALLING (and in the meantime, look for a new PCP. I wont see a PCP who is not available by phone) Be proactive! free discount card

Further Information

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions