Do the infamous zanex bars come in any strength other than 2 mg?

bipolar4life 17 Apr 2011

hi i just looked up the images of the xanax they do come in higher and lower doses and are all scored so u can split them. i dont know what it goes up to though looked and looked but u can break thenm all like in half or so'
hope this helped hon lol janymak

LaurieShay 17 Apr 2011

Hey texzen,

Nope, they are 2 mg bars. There is Xanax in lower and higher doses but not in bars.

caringsonbj 17 Apr 2011

it comes in 0.25mg. 0.5,g. 1mg. 2mg bar like you mentioned) then it comes in 2 and 3mg extended release tablets. but the 2mg bar is the only thing that comes like it then they switch to an extended release form. I hope this is of help to you

Mensch 18 Apr 2011

"Infamous?" I've taken Xanax (& generic) at rather high doses for quite some time (although I am off them now and using clonazepam) but I have never gotten any type of "buzz" or side effect except reduction of anxiety and occasionally sleepiness. But a panic attack will wear you out pretty good too so I don't really know what made me sleepy.

I've never understood why Xanax would be a popular street drug nor why people act loopy after taking it in movies and such. I have always just supposed that people who actually need the medication don't get a "buzz" from it. I have known several patients that were at least psychologically addicted to Xanax, but I have never spoken to anyone that found taking them recreational in the least (except online and in fiction.)