Do anyone know the fastest way to lower high cholesterol?

Rajive Goel 22 Sep 2011

You could get immense help in reading the article on this link: http://www.medicinenet.com/cholesterol/page2.htm

Please do let me know, if possible, take care, best wishes.

crazed50 22 Sep 2011

Cute nick... well oatmeal..excerise..hate it..but chasing my 5yr old grandson helps..when u eat out..choose salad..grilled food or baked fish..just like ur trying to lose weight..weight watchers site has good ideas..if diet doesnt work..maybe u've inherited it..i did... best of luck..C50

Coby416 22 Sep 2011

C50, you are so right. Find out if it is from diet or if it is inherited. Also find out the levels of the LDL and the HDL. There is good cholesteral and bad. I will not bore you with teh details but it is very important. Even if it turns out to be inherited, a good diet and excercise can reduce the bad and improve the good. Try before you choose lipitor or another pill that helps keep in check.
Coby

crazed50 22 Sep 2011

Thanks Coby im feelin low right now so its good to here im right about something..lol..best wishes..C50

Coby416 22 Sep 2011

C50 do not feel down. You are probably right more times then you know. My watch is right twice per day. You'll get out of the doledrums soon enough. i promise you, you will have plenty of support. I miss my pills often, I am pissed about the time it took for me to realize I had to stop taking them. Now that I am not taking them, I will not let them rule my life any longer. No one should nothing should.
All of us are always one choice away from changing our lifes. We decide.
Sometimes we need help. We are all here for you.
Coby

Anonymous 22 Sep 2011

I have been very lucky with my cholesterol. It has always been very good, but with age creeping up on me so is my triglycerides & cholesterol. My doctors advice is No flour, No sugar. Now that's a little ruff if you ask me, but it does work. Especially the sugar part. I like my donuts as my friend Pledge will tell you (just kidding), but avoid them like the plague. Common sense is your best friend when it comes to eating. Check your labels at home, & when eating out, avoid sugary sweet foods, & high fat content food.If you cholesterol doesn't come down thru avoiding these offending foods, they will put you on statins which are cholesterol lowering medications. I do not reccommend these unless there is no other choice. There are serious side effects from them.

crazed50 22 Sep 2011

see dear Mary..just like my mommy..lol..especially the flour and doughnut part..ur a blessing to me..u have no idea..sincerely..C50

Anonymous 22 Sep 2011

Why thank you again crazed 50... Mary

crazed50 22 Sep 2011

Oh ur so welcome ur a blessing..thank u C50