Do all companies test for suboxone and subutex on there hair topical drug tests?

Anonymous 10 Oct 2011

No, some examples of companies/jobs that would are Dept of Transportation, trucking companies and hospital employment pre-screens.

jkc8803 10 Oct 2011

So u don't think a plastics company would not look under that class how far do they go back? And where do they pull the sample from?

NatiMan73 10 Oct 2011

Patti, don't forget that Suboxone is an opiate, with that being said as long as you have a script you should be ok. I feel that yes it will show in a drug test.

jkc8803 10 Oct 2011

Suboxone is not an opiate its an posited blocker cuz it does not show on a urine test and I don't have script

Anonymous 10 Oct 2011

Jck, you are right, it won't show as an opiate, it will only show as bupenorphine. I have had some other people say it will show as an opiate, it WON'T. I have had the mail off to the lab tests and the quickie in the dr office urine test and can say, it does NOT show as opiate. I know that sounds bizarre, but it is true. The company that makes suboxone and subutex somehow specifically designed it to test negative as an opiate, because the subs drs had to have a way to check for opiate relapse, and if subs tested as opiate, they couldn't check for it. Most probation offices and courts are not even checking for bupenorphine.

jkc8803 10 Oct 2011

So plastics companies wouldn't check for those I don't have a script I never failed a urine test its not an opiate so I should be fine right what about methadone?

Anonymous 10 Oct 2011

Jkc, I can't swear they aren't checking for bupe, but if they have tested your hair and urine before and you didn't fail, they probably don't. Now, if this is some sort of workmen's comp claim, instead of normal random testing, yeah, they probably are going to check. Methadone will most likely show. It is known about more and unfortunately has an undeserved bad reputation, more companies would check for methadone than suboxone. Could you possibly get an rx really quick, that would clear you, unless, they have a policy against it, and you would have to read very carefully the wording on the drug policy.

NatiMan73 10 Oct 2011

I stand corrected I am very sorry for the wrong comment I left. My bad.

Anonymous 10 Oct 2011

Oh, no problem at all Natiman, this defies logic of how it will test negative as opiate. Didn't want to upset you either, just wanted to clarify. NATO, i sent you a long private question, ya can check it by going to your profile, then click questions and answers, then click my private questions, then the title of the question. Jkc, i responded to your pq as well, scroll down past your text for the response.