Off and on for the past year or so I get these reoccurring dizzy spells. I feel slightly off balance, and just cannot seem to shake the feeling. I've never felt nauseous but the world will spin (or my head believes it is). I'm not sure if this is something serious or some thing related to another issue that I can resolve with a change in diet.

I am anemic but only slightly. My thyroid is fine, low cholesterol, low blood pressure (generally around 90/70 - yes I've been asked before if I am dead), I don't generally take in salty food nor do I add salt to food. I eat far too much refined sugar. I am 5'5" and weight ~ 120lbs. I am a runner and will run roughly 20 - 30 miles per week as well as other exercises. I am also 45 (nearing 46). I still have a monthly cycle roughly every 21-24 days. I suffer chronic migraines and take Excedrine migraine pills. I noticed that over the past couple of years as I start my cycle the migraines are more prominent than other times of the month.

Any input or advise is welcome. Thank you for your time.