Hi there. My story is as follows.

A few years ago I started taking the sleep aid to fall asleep because I had to wake up at 2 am for work on the weekends so I was going to sleep around 6 pm. This was about 3 years ago I used to use these pills only to fall asleep at about 50-100 mg.

Well I used them on and off for 2 years when I had a migraine or had to work on the weekend bc I knew it would knock me out. I probably could of fallen asleep without but took them anyway.

Now fast forward to this past January. I had relationship problems and we split and couldn't sleep so I started knocking myself out bc I didn't wanna think about the relationship. At this point I'm up to around 200 mg.

At this point I also started realizing by taking these pills makes you feel good when starting to fall asleep which started to build up a tolerance. Then I slowly went up to 250-300 mgs a few times a week on average like 4-5 days a week.

My question would be can this cause short term memory loss and physiological dependence?

Like I want to take medicine now bc I want to fall asleep but I could probably do it without.

Would this classify as possible abuse?

Thanks