Dimercaptocuccinic Acid - please I have child with autism and he has high level of lead please tell me if there is any risk to use DSMA and what the safe way to use it thanks
DMSA (meso-2,-3-dimercaptosuccinic acid) is a sulfhydryl-containing, water-soluble, non-toxic, orally administered metal chelator that has been in use as an antidote to heavy metal toxicity since the 1950s.
Studies in 2009 were carried out in autistic children and it was concluded that it is "reasonably safe" and effective.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 16 Aug 2009 • 2 answers
Posted 4 Feb 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Sep 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 16 Feb 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 9 May 2014 • 7 answers