Dilaudid - Can you take 10 -325 norco with 4mg dilliuid?

chuck1957 28 Apr 2016

j byrd; No these two medications are really not to be taken together Dilaudid is one of the stronger pain medications and if it is not helping you need to talk with your doctor. Could be a dose adjustment but don't mix with Norco Chuck1957 This is not a good mix without the doctor involved This could affect your breathing and much more very dangerous combination Chuck1957

Bruce5150 14 Apr 2017

I totally agree with you. I've been taking Norco 10/325 for several years for severe Chronic Pain for right hip degenerative disease. The Norco finally stopped being effective. I told my pain management Doctor my situation. My doctor then changed my meds to Dilaudid 4mgs. every 6 hours. What a difference. I even vomited after my first dose. My hip pain was finally lessened.
Bottom Line: DON'T mix the two. You just might overdose.

tiggerknits 2 Jun 2016

Yes you can. As long as the Diaudid is time released, and the Norco is for breakthrough pain.