Dilaudid - Is 8 mg of the generic equal to 8 mg of the brand name?

Rajive Goel 3 Feb 2012

There would be no difference at all, expect the company who manufactures the pills.

Anonymous 3 Feb 2012

Rajive,

With your vast amount of knowledge, might you elaborate the answers you respond to with a little more information, as I personally would love to hear all that is in your brilliant head and LEARN?

I think that was a long question, my friend...

The Hipster,
Laura

ddog12 3 Feb 2012

I agree 100% , The generic form of hydromorphone comes in many differant shapes and mgs. 2,4,8mgs also manufactured by many company's . The generic's are equvalent to the brand name knoll !

Anonymous 3 Feb 2012

Ddog,
Just as a matter of your opinion, would u think it better for me to try oxymorphone IR in smaller doses or go back to the oxy's. Fentanyl doesn't do the job, I hate them, am becoming allergic to the glue and the only place they don't come off is plastered under my boobs.
I dunno what to do. Help!
Hippie

ddog12 3 Feb 2012

I suggest you talk with your doctor, and ask him to prescribe the fentenyl in tablet form. ( problem solved )...

Anonymous 4 Feb 2012

Ddog,
Never heard of Fentanyl pills... thanks, will look 'em up pronto. P doc on Monday if I don't die of pain first.
The Hippie Floppy Dippy Doo

Anonymous 3 Feb 2012

Dilaudid... where would we be without thou? To answer your question... Hydromorphone is hydromorphone is hydromorphone is dilaudid. 8mg is 8 mg,
The Hippie

Anonymous 3 Feb 2012

See Laura my friend, there you go again! Good answer... Mary

Ricco976 26 Aug 2016

The generic Dilaudid in Canada is a small round pill when placed in mouth turns to powder and lasts no more then 4 hours if you happen to spill water on them like I did one I turn 60 pills in mush now the name brand with I have been taken for 6 years your doctor when prescribing must put the words no sub on on your medication slip if not the pharmacist will give you the generics even if you ask because when I was told was that people inject the namebrand ones because they melt down to clear liquid but the generics leave powder behind now this is just what I was told but the name brand do last longer and I have taken them over six years so I can tell you that he do last longer up to an hour and a half longer

Ricco976 26 Aug 2016