Hi, I have a similar situation. My levels were at a 4 though I am taking 300 MG every day. I used to suffer tunnel vision, nausea of I did not take this medicine after about 3 days. Now after almost 20 years, I am not sure my body is even affected by the medication and now confirmed given your advice on this question. My family doctor thought I should also get off this medication but suggested an elaborate scheme where I find a neurosurgeon, get checked into a hospital where I can be monitored while the medication is weened off. Now I am in between jobs without health insurance and it has been 3 days since I have taken my meds. I might have taken less over time now that I have been researching this but I didn't. Over the last 6 months I have taken the meds every few days out of obligation more than anything else with no symptoms of seizure activity. It seems to be a real possiblity my brain surgery no longer requires this medication.

As I go through this self regulated process, what advice might you have for me? What are my risks and things to look out for? Should I back up a step and take 200 mg for a couple of days and then 100 mg and then none? It seems if 300 mg registers a 4 in my level, then 200 and less will not a big enough step down to matter. Thank you in advance for your help.