Whats the differnts in xanax and clonazepam?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Klonopin vs Xanax - How are they different?

yellowlabs 12 Apr 2013

My doc said it is easier to become too dependent upon Xanax and therefore harder to withdraw from it.

MacIntosh12 12 Apr 2013

Hi yellowlabs, I do believe it's a matter of opinion in which works the best. Yet, I do agree with you a bit, Xanax is probably the most addictive of the Benzo family.
Have a great day!
Lara

MacIntosh12 12 Apr 2013

Both Xanax and Clonazepam are in the Benzodiazapine family of medications, both help with anxiety and/or panic disorder. One may work better for you and another (there are many meds in the Benzo family) may work great for someone else, so it's a matter of opinion as to which one is best.
There is not a whole lot of difference between the two medications.
Best wishes,
Lara

Factfinder411 13 Apr 2013

Xanax is short term and klonopin is longer acting. I started on klonopin and it really didn't do much. Xanax helps when my anxiety starts and klonopin took forever it seemed.