What are the differences between schizoaffective disorder depressive type and psychotic depression?

Nitro061 23 Oct 2018

Generally schizophrenic sufferers actually believe they hear and see things that are not actually there. Voices in their head, even crafting elaborate events that have no basis in reality. This results in being withdrawn and the illness will make said person have chronic depression with episodes of mania.

Psychotic depression usually is the result of a buildup of anxiety, pain, depression over time or a traumatic experience. Example I would relate would be PTSD. Former soldiers who were put in horrific scenarios tend to sleep in their closet instead of bed, OCD so if one can’t complete the ritual may enter a psychotic state.

These are only examples, I am a social worker and have much experience with mental health issues. I hope this helps.