What is the difference between a op and and an oc?
- 12 Jan 2013 by pete065
- 14 January 2013
Supposidly nothing. OC is Oxycontin and OP is reformulated Oxycontin. Oxycontin was reformulated to make it harder to crush. If you hit it with a hammer, it will flatten out and maybe break into a few pieces but it wont crush (and the pieces still retain some of the time release properties-crushing no longer bypasses the time release mechanism). there was also a polymer added so that when it hits liquid, it turns to a gel so that it cannot be snorted or injected. The reformulation is meant to make OxyContin lass prone to abuse by snorting or injecting. If you swallow the pill whole, it should be about the same although many of the pain patients on it dont feel that it works quite as well as the OC formulation. OCs also release about 40% of the drug immediately and slowly release the other 60% while the OPs are totally time release which may be why many pain patients dont feel the same relief. It no longer acts as both immediate and time release like it used to. OCs are no longer in production for the past two years. If you find an OC it is at least 2 years old and likely not as effective as it once was.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Anxiety - does xanax come green bars and does the color make a difference is there a real difference
Posted 16 Sep 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 2 Apr 2012 • 2 answers
Posted 3 Apr 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 9 May 2014 • 2 answers
What is the difference between methyl carbino what is the difference between Methocarbamol and Soma?
Posted 15 Jan 2017 • 0 answers