What is the difference between dexadrine & vyvance?

ryank10909 11 Aug 2013

Vyvanse has a different chemical compound. Dexedrine I believe is dextroamphetamine based and Vyvanse is Lisdexamfetamine based. The difference between the 2 will vary on the persons body. Both are both amphetamine based and are both a Schedule 2 controlled substance. As of right now I'm taking Adderall, which is composed of I believe 4 different amphetamine salts. Best advice I can personally give you is to talk to the doctor about the medications you want to try. I've taken Ritalin, Concerta, Straterra and Adderall all before joining the Marines at the age of 17.
I recently started taking Adderall again and it's the best thing that's happened to me! I'm thinking of switching to Vyvanse from the research I've done myself and plan to talk to the doctor and get his advice.
Best of luck to you!
Ryan