Earlier this year I was prescribed 0.5mg clonazepam 30/month for breakthrough anxiety symptoms and panic attacks. I eventually had to switch from that doctor to a new one who switched me to Paxil as my anti-depressant. After a while, I started college in September and came into a huge load of stress and unmanageable anxiety. He put me on 1mg clonazepam twice a day for a month. Some things happened with my insurance company where I couldn't be covered to see that doctor anymore, so I stopped seeing a psychiatrist for a while, but kept taking my Paxil 30mg, obviously because of the withdrawal syndrome, plus it seems to be working decently for me.

But, I have once again come into a great deal of stress and anxiety lately and it has sparked an anxiety fire with me again, so I went to a more local doctor this time for some help. He told me to stay on the Paxil, but gave me a script for 2mg diazepam/valium. I did some research on the internet, and it looks like this is a ridiculously low dosage compared to the other benzodiazepines, especially compared to what I was taking before. I had forgotten that a 2mg diazepam pill even existed, actually. I found that 10mg diazepam is roughly equal to 0.5mg clonazepam, meaning that my 2mg diazepam tablet is worth a whopping 0.1mg of clonazepam. Really?

Do you guys think this will actually help at all with my anxiety? I haven't been on a benzo for a couple months so I don't think I really have much of a tolerance. Do you think he is just starting me low because he wants to get me by with as little as possible, then he may raise my dose a bit? I took one of them today and I didn't really notice much. I couldn't tell if what I thought I "felt" was placebo or not. If it turns out to not be strong enough, what do I say? I don't want to tell him blatantly to give me a higher dose, because I'm afraid he might take it away, and I've had good luck with these drugs in the past so I want to keep it for when I need it. I'm thinking 5mg or 10mg would be more appropriate, but I don't know how to go about talking to my doc about it. Maybe I'll just wait until my next appointment and say something about possibly needing a dose increase, but I'm hoping you guys could help a bit on what I should say.

Also, if anyone else is familiar with this dose, please let me know your experience with it and let me know if you think it will be of any use for me.

Thanks a lot,