I have just been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. How can I know what stage I am in?

kaismama 27 Mar 2014

Your dr would be the one to ask about that. Testing has to be done to determine it.

blue4diamonds 7 May 2014

Ask your dr. If the doctor diagnosed you,he should have told you. Please do not drink alcohol. I guess it depends how far you are but the liver can heal itself over time. Just take care of your body and what you put in it. I was diagnosed with cirrhosis myself back in September 2014. Now it is May and i am doing great. Sometimes i do feel like having a beer but i do not. I just think about how i love life. Just take care of your self.

B_R_B 23 May 2014

I was diagnosed with PBC about 8 years ago and have been taking Ursodiol, which seems to be helping because my blood work has been pretty normal now. In the beginning my doctor wanted me to have a biopsy done to find out what stage I'm in but I refused because I was told the treatment wouldn't be any different. So in the latter years of my life why would I want to know my PBC is further along??
Maybe not everyone would agree with me but why put more stress in my life worrying about something I can't do anything about. I am not and never was a drinker. I do not take any other meds and am careful on what I put in my body.