its also can cause of death ?
An insulin overdose can be extremely dangerous. Insulin can be a difficult medication to properly dose, and it is actually fairly easy to accidentally overdose on this medication. It is very important to recognize the symptoms of an overdose and to know exactly how to respond.
If you or someone else may have overdosed on insulin, seek immediate medical attention.
An overdose with a short- or rapid-acting insulin is typically more dangerous than an overdose with an intermediate- or long-acting insulin (although an overdose with any type of insulin can be lethal). An overdose of insulin can be caused by several factors, such as misjudging how much insulin is needed. Also, not eating after taking a dose of a rapid- or short-acting insulin may result in an overdose. Eating less or exercising more than usual could also lead to an insulin overdose.
Symptoms of an Overdose
An insulin overdose can cause low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia), which can be quite dangerous. Some of the early symptoms of low blood sugar include:
* Sweating; * Extreme hunger; * Dizziness; * Cold sweats; * Shakiness;
* Blurry vision.
More severe symptoms include:
* Seizures; * Loss of consciousness; * Changes in behavior, such as irritability; * Loss of coordination; * Difficulty speaking; * Confusion;* Coma; * Loss of life.
However seek more information from a doc who would have prescribed insulin, be safe & well!
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 16 Oct 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 10 Apr 2011 • 3 answers
Posted 12 Mar 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 22 Sep 2013 • 3 answers
How does the mechanism by which diuresis occurs with diabetes insipidus differ from that which occu?
Posted 27 May 2015 • 1 answer