Depression - How long will it take for the Celexa to start making me feel better?

kytteneyes 21 Jun 2010

Everyone is different but make sure you give it at least a month to take its full effect.

Anonymous 21 Jun 2010

Celexa (citalopram hydrobromide) is available as tablets or as an oral solution.

It all depends, we have different "systems" meaning maybe 4 me it will start in a week for other people in 2 weeks , etc...

Are you on tablets or oral solution?

What dosage r u on?

Last question: Did you ask your doc? if you have´nt get in touch with him/her right away to put your mind @ ease.

The Initial Treatment

Celexa (citalopram) should be administered at an initial dose of 20 mg once daily, generally with an increase to a dose of 40 mg/day. Dose increases should usually occur in increments of 20 mg at intervals of no less than one week. Doses above 40 mg are not ordinarily recommended.

Celexa should be administered once daily, in the morning or evening, with or without food.

I hope I have been of some help

Nikky_Mac 1 Jul 2010

Yes you have been helpful thank you. I did a follow up with my doctor on Monday... that made it a week that i had been on that and 1 mg xanax for anxiety attacks... i don't take the xanax unless i absolutely need it. I have been a recovering opiate addict for the past 7 months and have been dosing methadone. I was at 120 mg's several months ago but i worked my way down and came off of it when i was on 10 mg. I went through terrible withdraws and starting having anxiety attacks and wrecked my new car all in a week so i got back on the the methadone temporarily to avoid relapse so i'm just on 10 mg's now and hope to get off of it if the Celexa makes me feel better. My main issue is not having any motivation without the methadone. I hope i can stay off of it cause the success rate for people coming off it is slim to none. Anyways, nice to talk to people who understand on here. Thanks again for the help!

Nikky_Mac 1 Jul 2010

Oh i forgot to add that i'm on 20 mg tablets of Celexa.

Anonymous 1 Jul 2010

Congats ... you are a fighter I admiere quality and keep it up ( the road is long),anytime you want just write man.

Summary: I am 41 , male 20 years addicted to stimulants mainly coke and booze also tried almos everything that´s out there I weas in rehab living in a community by the country side for 1 year, then once I got to the the next step (which was gtting back into "society") once a week group therapy for 18 months ( I LOST SO MUCH... WELL YOU KNOW THAT PART) been clean for 8 years.

I am also manic-depressive, OCD, very strong anxiety attacks, insomnia, paranoia... well I just wanted to share some of my let´s say experiences and "mental conditions" wth you. I never gave up, I never struggled ... I always fought, gave it my best, always believed in myself never lost faith, always had the courage to face my demons and I still do, and my friend so should you... only you kno the effort and the blood you have shed to get to where you are ... I get you.

Later