Depo-Provera - how does the Depo shot mess with your period?

LousArk 14 Jan 2017

It affects women differently. Some find they have no periods whilst using Depo Provera, where others bleed or spot.
Many women who bleed/spot find that it stops after 2 or 3 shots.

Redhawk85 14 Jan 2017

Hi, I have been on DEPO for 4 years. For the first 1 and a half years I would have totally random spotty periods that would last anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks. I was just about to give up and stop taking it because of the random periods when my periods completely stopped and I have not had a period in 2 and a half years now. I have read that everyone reacts differently tho, what happened to me may not be what happens to everyone. Good luck! (Personally I enjoy not having a period, but I don't know what kind of effects it has on your reproduction system) Also, I am up for a yearly exam now before I can get my DEPO refilled and I have had a mix-up with my insurance which has delayed the appointment and I should have taken the shot now 2 weeks ago and I have not shown any signs of starting a cycle yet.