What is Depakote ER 1000?

chuck1957 26 Mar 2017

Miamitennismom; Here are the most common uses of Depakote which I have copied and pasted. next row(((((( Depakote Editor's Pick
Depakote (divalproex sodium) affects chemicals in the body that may be involved in causing seizures. Depakote is used to treat various types of seizure disorders. It is sometimes used together with other seizure medications. Depakote is also used to treat manic episodes related to bipolar disorder (manic... ))
AS YOU CAN SEE IT IS USED FOR MANY THINGS EVEN SEVERE MIGRAINES AND MANY DIFFERENT MENTAL DEFECTS. but still, I have seen it used more for Epilepsy and is a prescription drug and very dangerous if the blood test is not run on the patient. And many other things. So follow the doctor's directions to the tee. Hope this helps and if I or someone here can help you Just post again. Caution also many people have weight gain from this medication and sedative also

chuck1957 26 Mar 2017

Miamiten; Also just in case you don't know this is a medication that has done wonders for people that have had trouble. and it comes in several doses's from Liquid then capsules 125mg sprinkle capsules, Then 250mg, Then 500mg and then the 1000mg that you have and the E.R. IS FOR EXTENDED RELEASE SO PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO TAKE MORE IT IS DISBURSED OVER 12 TO 24 HOURS. And in case you don't know also most of these strength's are available in the Generic form and it has been out long enough that I have never seen a problem with the generic. and as always once you start to take one it's always best to stay on the brand, or the generic or talk with your doctor if you switch you may need the extra blood test. Have a great weekend. again anytime I or one of the other great people here can help just start a new POST. that makes it easier to find.