I have been off of divalproic acid sod er for 12 months by weening myself off and taking Black Cumin Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Carnosine, Tyrosine, Selenium, Magnesium, D3, K2, B complex, Curcumin, Green Tea, Proteolytic enzyemens, boswelia, MSM, Astaxanthin, Bioavailable Piperine.
Little to no carbs except for Sweet Potatoes no sugar. Plenty of green smoothies with fresh ginger and garlic. Have not had a Seizure since 12/24/13. Must have Total Hip Replacement of left Hip. Neurologist wants me to go back on Divalproic Acid for the surgery. Fears that I may have an episode during the procedure. I insisted that she is prescribing based upon the 01/08/2005 diagnosis (my very first episode). Waiting for EEG results taken 12/26/14. Surgery scheduled for 01/17/15. Agreed to take 500 not 1500 MG within 2 weeks before surgery and will slowly ween back to zero. Of course she is not pleased with this however, since I have stopped taking the drug, I so longer tremble, thought process is consistent, can sign my signature instead of drawing it due to being unsteady. This drug effected my joints and muscles. No one had requested a Bone Density scan for the eight years that I was prescribed this drug. I have always been health conscious and very adamant about my nutrition, and have read many peer reviews etc. I suffered my Seizures in my sleep. I am a great believer in healing. Drugs do not heal, the just mask the problem. Please advise. Pardon some of the misspelled words within this text.