Dental Abscess - is there anything to make the swelling go down untill I can get to the dentist?

Anonymous 30 Jan 2011

HI
Try Ibuprofen (but not on an empty stomach) for swelling, and use ice packs on your face. How long have you had this? When are you seeing your dentist?
Best wishes, hope you feel better!
sweetlemon

christineATU 30 Jan 2011

Look who the stealer is now!

Anonymous 30 Jan 2011

Great minds chris...
L

IhearttheOcean 30 Jan 2011

I got them several times when I was a kid and I always just popped them. Either by pushing against it hard or with a needle. It was really annoying feeling so I took it into my own hands lol

Anonymous 30 Jan 2011

Ocean,
You actually can "pop" an abcessed tooth? That sounds incredibly painful!

SL

christineATU 30 Jan 2011

Now that's sick! I totally lost my appetite, thanks a lot...

IhearttheOcean 30 Jan 2011

Haha, sorry about that. Yup, it will pop and the swelling will be gone. It does however make fluid come out of it which tastes wierd. lol again sorry for the grossness. But its a very annoying feeling to have it so I didnt want to wait for the dentist

Anonymous 30 Jan 2011

Ocean,
Gag me dude! That would make Kirstie Alley lose her appetite!!! hahaha
SL still laughing!!! Poor chris!!

christineATU 30 Jan 2011

Why did I open this to read??? I have no one to blame but myself. I KNEW it would be gross, but nooo, I had to look! It's like driving by a train wreck.

Anonymous 30 Jan 2011

Kwis,
No twain wek, hab a nii day!!
rara

caringsonbj 30 Jan 2011

sounds like what she says about using the ibuprofen and icing it may help but don't put this off as soon as you can get in to the dentist you go my friend, my mom had a similar thing happen last week and she had to have 2 teeth surgically removed, and I don't me to scare you because you know what happens to one person doesn't always happen to another, but I wanted mom to go the day it started and she (I realize she didn't feel well) but her putting off going for about 3 days probably didn't help. you take good care caringsonbj (Billy)

christineATU 30 Jan 2011

tawk bout twain wheck!