I would like to get furher clarification.My wife at 68,is taking Rocatrol,since last 10yeas as orthopedic surgeon prescribed when she had back pain,in2003.
On recurrence,Neurosurgeon prescibed ShelCal-M daily twice for three months & then to continue for a year.
I would like to know,what is the difference on using these drugs,with respect to Calcium Intake.
I understand that ShelCal-M contains other minerals also,but is it that elemental Ca,available from this drug is 500mg.agaist the Calcium content in Rocaltrol is only -0.25mg..which is quite low on ageing.
Can she continue only Shelcal-M in place of Rocaltrol,as Suppliment for long time.
What are the likely side reaction,on using Shelal-M after her back pain gets subsided,as she is suseptible to constipation.
Her food intake is quite low,though she drinks one glass of milk with two banana.
Your comment will be of great help.
Warm regars,