Is it dangerous to miss diltiazem for three days?

hwhite56 18 Oct 2014

It might depend on the severity and condition for which you are taking it. Obviously you have a medical issue or it wouldn't be prescribed. Diltiazem controls my afib and I can tell when the 24-hr dose is wearing off. I would check with dr. or pharmacy-- they will probably tell you to get back on a regular schedule immediately.

dakmaknk 18 Oct 2014

I am also on diltiazem for afib. you mentioned that you can tell when the 24 hour dose is wearing off. how can you tell? can you have like a slight fluttering in your chest?
I was told I had afib while I was in the hospital for copd the nurses came in and told me I was in afib but I never felt anything.

dakmaknk 18 Oct 2014

kaismama 18 Oct 2014

I don't need a dr in order to tell you you had better get back on it. Its dangerous to not take meds for cardiovascular problems.