Is it dangerous to drink while taking lamictal?

kaismama 2 Jul 2014

It is, using it together with ethanol can increase nervous system side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with lamoTRIgine.

mommywoman 2 Jul 2014

Yes it is. My dr told me that a single drink once in a while wouldn't hurt, just don't make a habit of it. However I choose to err on the side of caution

angel1662 3 Jul 2014

hello happy0011
here is a link to give you some info on drinking while taking lamictal... personally in my opinion I think people should avoid alcohol while on meds..but I also no that a lot of people enjoy and occasional drink like on NY or a holiday... link is below to learn more info on your ...

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1034-14582,1430-848