Hey everyone, I was just prescribed Cymbalta for depression/anxiety after taking the Zoloft generic, setraline for a little less than three months. On one hand, I feel like I should have taken the Zoloft longer, but my doctor said at that point I should have seen at least some difference, so he switched me. I had wanted to try Wellbutrin, but he said lets go with Cymbalta instead. After looking online and speaking with a few people, it seems like the only things I've heard in regards to Cymbalta have been extremely negative. I was very hesitant to start antidepressants in the first place, and now I am even more so after not having luck with the first one.

I experienced some side effects with Zoloft. I had headaches when I first started taking it, or when I increased my dose. Those didn't last long. I would get headaches if I didn't take it the same time every day, and at first it seemed cause me to eat less. Towards the last month I took it, I began to eat more and gained a couple of pounds before getting off of it. In the beginning, I had absolutely no sex drive, but that seemed to improve some towards the last month of taking it. I did begin to develop terrible night sweats though.

That being said, I feel like the small amount of side effects I experienced with Zoloft were bad enough, but it seems like Cymbalta's are even worse? I was supposed to start it today, but I still have some of my Zoloft left so for now I'm just taking that until I decide if I really want to try Cymbalta.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth it, or no? What are the chances of weight gain and lowered sex drive? Also, how difficult is this to come off of? I don't want to take something thats going to make me feel better, then make me feel even worse than I started if I get off of it. Thanks!

(BTW, the issues I deal with are depression, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, and OCD)