Will Cymbalta make me gain weight? I have just started this and am just wondering!?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Cymbalta and Weight Gain?

Anonymous 26 Apr 2013

Hellp,

Remember they are possible side effects, meaning you may or may not experience them.

Cymbalta Side Effects

Some side effects of Cymbalta may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.

For the Consumer
Applies to duloxetine: capsule delayed rel pellets oral, oral delayed release capsule

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction while taking duloxetine (the active ingredient contained in Cymbalta) skin rash or hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Anonymous 26 Apr 2013
bestpup 27 Apr 2013

Masso-is correct. What is a positive side effect to some (weight gain) is not necessarily true to others.
It's best to ask your physician/ pharmacist what are my chances Cymbalta will cause weight gain.
Best of luck.
bestpup

lady2882 26 Apr 2013

Having been on Cymbalta myself, I can tell you that it really depends on how your system handles it. Some people do gain weight and some like me lost weight as it upset my stomach a bit and I didn't feel hungry at all.
You will have to see how it affects you after you have been on it a bit.
Since you didn't say why you are taking this drug, I hope you researched it online.
Take care

Anonymous 26 Apr 2013

Hello bugskat. I agree with Lady2882. It varies, however in taking Cymbalta people generally tend to shed weight instead of gaining. In clinical studies a loss of appetite was reported by 9% of users. Weight loss was reported as a side effect between 2 to 5% of users. Regards pledge