Has Cymbalta helped anyone with lower back pain?

Anonymous 1 Dec 2012

Hello kennyray. Yes, Cymbalta is prescribed off label for various diagnosis. Pain being one. Regards pledge

hermaba 2 Dec 2012

I have been taking Cymbalta for about 3 yrs for depression but it has not helped with my lower back or knee pain. It has worked for the depression.

Shnard 2 Dec 2012

Hi kennyray. I had not heard of this drug before. Is this something from your GP or a specialist? I am on the 100 fent. Patch and $$$$$ plus it don't help much for back pain. Take care.

katiedidk 6 Dec 2012

Hi, Due to an injury to my lower back I had to have surgery, they had to work on L5 S1, I had bone spurs, osteoarthritis, and sciatica pain and degenerative disk disease. I also have bad knees, and hands with OA. I started to take Cymbalta for my fibromyalgia and depression, which it helped greatly after awhile longer I noticed I was taking less opiates and was in alot less pain everywhere. My lower back was better somewhat from the surgery but got alot better after using cymbalta. I hear they have a generic now, but if you can not afford it Eli Lilly the company who makes cymbalta has a program to help you they send your doctor paperwork to fill out and they send your meds free of charge to your doctor if your income level qualifies. Good Luck I hope this helped. Katiedidk

softball2012 11 Dec 2012

I have been on cymbalta for about 8 years I think and it helped immensly with my lower back pain. Sadly, I think I have built up a tolerance for it because the back pain has returned. :(

tejas129 11 Dec 2012

I have several friends that have had various procedures for lower back pain and all 4 of them are on Cymbalta. 2 do not think it helps the pain factor.But, neither one of them is depressed. I have no personal experience with Cymbalta, only through these friends and what I read. I have 2 other friends with Fibromyalgia, and they are both on Cymbalta as well. But all of these friends are on so many other medications that it is difficult for them to notice how each drug affects them.
tejas129