Does cymbalta have a control supstance in it causing it to be a scheduled drug if so what is it?

kaismama 9 Oct 2013

It has only duloxetine and that doesn't have a reason for it to be scheduled. Its an antidepressant, and has a low incidence of abuse.

johnw489 9 Oct 2013

i really miss taking cymbalta. it served a purpose of two medications in one. i have severe depression and you feel like all your bones and flesh aches along with it. when i had private insurance my doc suggested we try cymbalta versus adderrall prozac and gabapenton. about 2 weeks later i noticed a marked change. i left the addrerral and prozac and only had to take the cymbalta. my doc was not too concerned about the prozac i used to take but he always told me that the adderral or ritalin are tough on the heart. yeah i know cymbalta is not classifed as a narcotic or schedule 3 or lower because he started me with samples and he could not store narcotics in a sample room. also the narcotics are super strict in prescribing. it took a lot of i.d. to get it filled and i always thought the pharmacist looked at me like i was doing something wrong as there is a growing stigma about people that use these ampetamine type prescriptions. best of health to you pmullin. and wonderful to see my friend here helping you alone. bless you friend... john