Cyclobenzaprine - how many mgs for sleep?

masso 16 Feb 2016

Cyclobenzaprine is used in the treatment of muscle spasm; sciatica; chronic myofascial pain; fibromyalgia; migraine (and more), and belongs to the drug class skeletal muscle relaxants.

This medication is not a sleeping pill as you have read, but possible side effects are:
Nervous system
Elderly patients may be particularly susceptible to the sedation and confusion which may accompany cyclobenzaprine therapy.

Nervous system side effects are common and include drowsiness in up to 40% of treated patients and dizziness in up to 11%. Fatigue, asthenia, headache, nervousness, blurred vision, and confusion have also been reported.

I suggest you find another medication for sleeping and not having to depend on the side effects of Cyclobenzaprine, they are póssible side effects.
I take 20 mg. as needed and never have I experienced any side effects, bare in mind we all react differently to medications.

Consult with your Dr.