Few years back, I had a small accident. I was riding a bike and it slipped after I applied the breaks. For a second, my left leg took the weight of the bike. After that, the bike felled down on the road.

Something went wrong in my left knee. After accident, there was no bruising or swelling or redness on the knee. There was no pain either. I drove to my work after the slip. At work, I sat on the chair. When I got up from the chair I had a sudden pain in my left knee. After 10-15 seconds the pain went away. Every time I got up after sitting, I would have this kind if pain. This continued for about 6-8 months. After that time, the problem of sudden pain on getting up went away. But the pain in the knee continued. Now I have pain in the knee that increases and decreases. On some days, the pain is more. On some days the pain is less.

Even though I have pain, I can walk and climb stairs. I can even run, but the pain would increase after running. The pain especially increases after travelling by train or bus.

I have taken treatments from 3 or 4 orthopedic doctors. I have also taken physiotherapy treatment that consisted of ultra-thermal and ultra-sound treatments and exercises. I have taken painkillers and anti-inflammation drugs. I have worn knee cap for a long time. I have taken Glucosamine and Methylsulfonylmethane supplements for a long time. None of these treatments have cured the problem.

The X-Ray of the knee does not show any fracture or bone damage. On recommendation of a doctor, I got MRI scan of the knee. The MRI scan report is as below:

---

Findings:
---

Evidence of edematous anterior cruciate ligament with hyperintensity at proximal attachment with intact fibers suggest interstitial injury.

Small baker cyst is seen along medial head of gastrocnemius muscle.

Anterior & posterior horns and body of medial and lateral menisci show normal intrinsic intensity with smooth articular surface. No evidence of discontinuity or parenchyma signal abnormality seen.

Posterior cruciate ligament shows normal homogeneous signal intensity. No evidence of discontinuity, fibre retraction or periligamentous abnormality. Femoral and tibial attachment of both ligaments appears normal.

Medial and lateral collateral ligaments show normal signal intensity and attachment. No evidence of retraction seen.

Medial and lateral retinaculum appears normal.

Quadriceps tendon and patello tibial ligament appear normal. Hoffa's fat pad appears normal.

Visualized muscles of quadriceps and hamstring group appear normal.

Impression:
---

- Interstitial injury involving ACL.
- Small baker's cyst along medial head of gastrocnemius muscle.

---

What is the treatment for this chronic knee pain?

I thank you in advance for your help.