I am on Coumadin for thrombus in juggler, is reclast infusion safe for me?

kaismama 12 Dec 2013

There is no interaction between them. I would just make sure all your drs know that you had the thrombus and are on coumadin.

DemoninDC 25 Dec 2013

The FDA approval did not include a drug-to-drug interaction between Reclast and Coumadin. Since you are Coumadin you may react differently to the Reclast 15 minute, once-a-year injection. You will need more frequent International Normalized Ratio (INR) testing, especially in the early weeks following a Reclast medication injection. Coumadin labeling additionally recommends more frequent testing for any newly started or recently stopped medications. Home INR monitoring can provide an easy, practical means of determining INRs in the privacy of your home, and help identify early drug interactions with Coumadin.