Cosopt - is this the same as lumigan?

Rajive Goel 10 Aug 2010

Cosopt (dorzolamide/timolol) is a prescription eye drop. It contains two different active ingredients: a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor (dorzolamide) and a beta blocker (timolol). It is approved to treat high eye pressure in people with chronic open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.

Lumigan (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) is a prescription medication approved to lower eye pressure in people with the following eye conditions:

High eye pressure (known medically as ocular hypertension) & Open angle glaucoma.

Both eye drops treat the same ailments of the eye, Cosopt treats chronic open-angle glaucoma being the only difference, however please double check it with an doc/pharmacist.

questing 6 Nov 2010

Thanks so much for your imput. My husband also has, trouble sleeping and he can't see a regular doctor for another two weeks. Would benadryl or one of my ambients sleep aids harm him?

Rajive Goel 11 Nov 2010

Most welcome, I would not recommend you husband to have meds without talking to a doc/pharmacist, please.

questing 11 Nov 2010

No worries. I simply wanted to be informed, before , he meets his new primary care doctor. He's only seen specialist thus far, and those people, tend to have tunnel vision.It's difficult for them to see beyond their own field.

Rajive Goel 16 Nov 2010

Take care, & wish him all the best, please.

questing 16 Nov 2010

There is nothing like having been through the same expeirence, for another person, to understand and on this website, I have found a lot of answers, as well as empathy.I wished to send a huge thank you, very much for the time and trouble.given. My husband and I have developed some serious illness as we have aged, and also have found out that doctors" practice " medicine! To have the support of this forum is a gift.One dare not take doctors advise as the total answer. It's important to become informed, personally.