Should I still use contrave if I have not lost any weight yet. Been on it for a month?

hopin32 20 Sep 2015

the literature on Contrave suggests that if you have been on the full dose (2 in the morning and 2 at night) for 12 weeks (3 months) and have not lost 5% of your body weight that the medication may not be for you. How long have you been on the full does?

SITREP 21 Sep 2015

I was on it for 3 months. I lost 2 lbs. Very, very disappointed. Controlling appetite is not my problem. I am usually only hungry once a day. "Snack" eating is not a problem. We have ice cream, cookies, chips, etc. My skinny husband eats that stuff. I don't exercise. Other than housework, and taking care of the animals on the farm I don't do anything else. Multiple joint, neck, back, hip problems and pain. It just increases the pain afterwards. I know if I could lose 70 lbs, the pain would be better. My thyroid has been checked and my medicine increased, no results. I am at my wits end. It is like my metabolism is at a stand still. I heard Victoza might be good. I've tried Phentermine... did nothing. I could even fall asleep two hours after I took it. I went off the Contrave. No sense taking four pills a day for nothing.

hopin32 21 Sep 2015

sitrep - sorry for all you are going through! Contrave is definitely a medication for cravings. It does not sound like your particular food issue is what Contrave will help. I hope you find what works for you!

SITREP 22 Sep 2015

Thanks hopin32. The doctor never mentioned that Contrave was for cravings.

Msmaryp57 22 Sep 2015

I have been on contrave for a month only. I take 2 in am and 2 in pm. My weight has not changed at all. Am I quiting to soon?

hopin32 22 Sep 2015

msmary - YES! You have only been on the full dose for a week. The literature says to give it 12 weeks. I know people who didn't feel anything until 6 or 7 weeks. I would keep going.

Msmaryp57 23 Sep 2015

Should I continue with the full dose, 2 pills in am and 2 in pm if I stopped taking contrave for a week? I felt like giving up but I really need to lose weight. Any suggestions are welcome. I can't get myself to begin exercising. I put it off and say tomorrow I will start tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes. Its been a month and still can't get myself to begin.

hopin32 23 Sep 2015

You might want to start with 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening and work back up to the 2/2. But once you are on the full dose give it at least 30 days. I really hope it works for you!